Fun Hands-on Activity with Artist & Craftsman Supply
Watch on our Facebook Page or click the video below.
Weaving on a Cardboard Loom – Live Instruction!
Saturday, September 26, 1:00-2:00 pm
Join Artist & Craftsman Supply and Touchstone Center for Crafts to learn how to make your own simple cardboard loom at home! We’ll craft our own looms and cover some of the basics of planning, setting up, and weaving through your projects. Simple and scalable, cardboard looms are a great introduction to basic weaving activities like festive wall hangs and cozy potholders.
This project is appropriate for all ages and skill levels. Children under 10 will need adult supervision.
Cardboard Loom Supply List
- Rectangular or Square Piece of Cardboard (Approx. between 6 and 12 inches)
- String or Twine (No Sewing Thread)
- Various colors of Yarn, or strips of Fabric
- Tape (Scotch, Masking, or Painters)
- Pencil or Pen
- Ruler (at least 12 inches)
- Tapestry Needle, or Popsicle Stick
- 2 Dowel Rods, Straws, or 1 inch strips of Cardboard
- 1 Stick (Approx. 6 to 8 inches)
Thank You to
Artist & Craftsman Supply!
Open House Video Playlist
• Blacksmithing Studio Demos
• Metals & Jewelry Studio Demos
• Plein Air Painting Demos
• Frontline Paper Demo
• Artist & Craftsman Supply Activity
• Glass Studio Demos
• Ceramics Studio Demos
Want to make your donation go farther?
Click the ‘Fayette Gives’ logo to learn more.